In order to use the college course work hours for PD, the hours must be approved by an Illinois Approved Provider. If it is an out of state university, then you will need to have an Illinois Approved Provider agree to grant the PD (with the out of state university being listed as a sub-contractor PD provider for them).

To request Professional Development hours to be approved by your school district, please complete the Approved PD Provider Activity Summary/Request Form and an Evaluation Form.  Submit both of these completed forms along with supporting evidence (i.e. copies of transcripts) to your school district.  Once these documents are received, they will review them and complete the Evidence of Completion Form on your behalf and return the signed documents to you for your records.  At that time the PD hours can be recorded in your ELIS account.

Here is the Coursework Conversion for Professional Development hours:

College coursework must come from a regionally accredited Illinois community college or an Illinois university/college with an approved educator-degree program. One semester hour is equal to 15 hours of professional development (PD). One quarter hour is equal to 10 hours of PD.​

As a reminder, educators using coursework toward their professional development need to upload a transcript reflecting completion of the coursework in their ELIS account. While they are not acceptable for use towards credential evaluations, unofficial transcripts are acceptable for use towards verification of professional development.