1. Learn About edTPA
These resources are intended for use by candidates who are completing edTPA, and provide considerations for candidates as they plan their learning segment, prepare to video record their teaching, and assess their students.
· For Special Education: Read Making Good Choices In Special Education: A Support Guide for edTPA Candidates .
· For Elementary Education: Read Making Good Choices: Addendum for Elementary Education Task 4 .
2. Review Your Requirements
· All candidates should review the requirements and assessment options for the state where you are seeking licensure.
For Candidates Unaffiliated with an Educator Preparation Program (EPP) or Candidates Enrolled in an EPP not participating in edTPA
· Review the resource Guidance for Candidates Unaffiliated with Educator Preparation Programs .
3. Review Candidate Policies and Online Training
· Review the candidate policies for participation in edTPA.
· Access online training for using the Pearson ePortfolio system.
4. Identify Your Portfolio System
All candidates register here, at www.edTPA.com. Some candidates will continue on this site and build their portfolio here, while other candidates will build their portfolio on another portfolio system currently in use at their educator preparation program. Which portfolio system should I use
5. Review the Submission and Reporting Dates
Candidates should submit their portfolio based on due dates established by their preparation program or licensure requirement. Review the edTPA submission and reporting dates for details.
6. Register for edTPA
· Review the edTPA Registration Overview , which describes the registration process and details the information you will be asked to provide when you register.
· When you are ready, follow the instructions to register for edTPA.
7. Access Your edTPA Handbook
Candidates will access the required assessment handbooks and templates via their educator preparation program, and will also be able to download these materials in the portfolio system they use to build their portfolios.