ATTENTION SCHOOL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTS!
Victoria Padilla and Kelly Nyert, Administrative Assistants at ROE #17 in Bloomington, will be in Decatur at the Regional Office of Education #39 on February 25, 2020 providing training to school administrative assistants. They will give an overview of practices, policies, and requirements for building level administrative assistants.
The training includes...
- Basic ELIS (How to read endorsements for the correct license, registration, using the notes section, etc.)
- Overview of Substitute, STS and PARA requirements (Requirements for each and structure of who can do what)
- Compulsory attendance information
- Record retention, student records and access to those records, and FAQs
- Temporary and Permanent files
- Registration basics (What you can ask for, immigrant students, etc.)
The training also includes active listening and de-escalation skills and tips, along with task management strategies.
This is a great opportunity for new and experienced school administrative assistants to ask questions and build a network of support!
The training will be held on February 25, 2020 at ROE #39, 1690 Huston Dr., Decatur, IL, from 8:30-12:00pm. There is no fee for this training. Please register in advance online.
If you have questions, please contact Jill Reedy at 217-872-3725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.